Heating Experts in Lubbock County & Surrounding Areas
When a heating system stops working in the middle of winter, it can be a frustrating experience. West-Tex Air & Refrigeration is available 24/7 to help homeowners get back to being warm and cozy, eliminating the worry and inconvenience that comes with broken heating equipment. Our Lubbock heating repair experts are skilled at quickly locating the source of the issue and selecting the best solution.
Signs Your Heater Needs Repairs
Heating systems usually show signs of trouble before breaking down. When homeowners know what to watch for, they can seek repairs early, keeping costs down and preventing premature replacement.
It’s time to call a heating expert when:
- Heating bills have suddenly gone up
- Inadequate heat no matter how high the thermostat is set
- Cold air blowing from the heater
- Short cycling or constant operation
- Frequent thermostat adjustments
- Decreased airflow from vents and registers
- Uneven temperatures throughout the home
- Loud noises, such as banging, squealing, or moaning
- Foul-smelling odors when the heater is on
- Poor indoor air quality and excessive dust
- Abnormal pilot light colors (something other than blue)
Why Choose Us for Heating Repair in Lubbock
At West-Tex Air & Refrigeration, we provide quality heating repair services at competitive prices. Our skilled and experienced technicians are highly trained in all aspects of heating repair and maintenance and are excited to serve the Lubbock community. When you choose to work with us, you know that you are hiring a company that is:
- Fully trained and licensed
- Available 24/7 for emergencies
- Highly rated by our previous customers
- Affordable and provides financing options
- Puts our customers first!
“I was out of town with the wife and kid at home when the A/C quit. They were able to get over there that day and had it back going. Greatly appreciate your service and professionalism!” - Robert S.
If a furnace is blowing cold air, it is a clear sign that something has gone wrong with the system. However, before calling up a heating professional, it’s a good idea to check for some obvious causes. One potential issue causing cold air to blow from the vents is that the thermostat’s fan setting is set to “ON” instead of “AUTO.” When this occurs, the furnace is not actually on. It merely turns on the fan to circulate air throughout the ducts. It could also be that there is no warm air coming from the furnace because it’s not getting any fuel. For a gas furnace, make sure that the gas valve switch is set to “ON.”
Several additional issues could be the culprit for cold air blowing from a furnace, including:
- The pilot light has gone out or is damaged
- The flame detector is covered with dirt and grime
- The air filter is clogged and blocking the airflow
- The condensate lines are blocked, deactivating the burners
- The ductwork has holes or cracks, allowing warm air to escape
Why Is My Furnace Making a Loud Banging Noise When It Comes On?
Many homeowners have experienced a delay in their furnace igniting after turning on the thermostat, followed by a loud bang when it finally kicks on. This problem is usually caused by dirty burners, which prevent the gas from entering the furnace to allow it to ignite right away. During this lull, the gas builds up within the system, causing it to make a loud bang when it ignites. This problem should not be ignored, as it can cause the heat exchanger to crack. Replacing a heat exchanger costs hundreds of dollars.
To make sure your heating system has the care that it needs to function optimally all winter long, call our Lubbock heating experts at (806) 639-5567.
We're proud to offer HVAC, AC, Heating, and Commercial Services.Request Service
Want To Keep Your System In Top Shape?
Sign up for our maintenance plan to make sure that your systems are running year round.Maintenance Plan
Want To See Our Work?
Check out some of our past jobs to see our quality work.Photo Gallery